Re: SSL and CrytoAPI

From: Nilesh Padbidri (nileshp_at_cybage.com)
Date: 03/18/04

    Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:59:57 +0530

    Refer the book Prog Server Side Apps : Jeffrey Richter, JAson Clark for a
    good explanation & sample on using SSL with CryptoAPI.

    Nilesh Padbidr

    • Re: SSL and CrytoAPI
      ... good explanation & sample on using SSL with CryptoAPI. ... Nilesh Padbidri ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • Re: SSL and CryptoAPI?
      ... >I need to add SSL security to a sockets based application. ... >using self-signed certificates etc. ... I use CryptoAPI, personally, and I'll outline the reasons below. ... I use CryptoAPI over OpenSSL for a couple of reasons: ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Help, trying to use MD5 function in external dll
      ... implementations of SSL as a standard, ... is a very different procedure and does not rely on key generation or ... crypto system relies on the secrecy of the algorithm for its security ... knowledge the code for the CryptoAPI has not been made public, ...
      (comp.databases.ms-access)
    • Re: Microsoft Certificate Server for Win2000/XP
      ... >What I need is to use CryptoAPI to implement SSL, ... Do you mean that you want to implement the SSL standard with crypto API? ... 2>Encrypt the data in the SSP with CryptoAPI ... 3>Then we can load the SSP with SSPI just like the normal way we use SSL: load microsoft SSL SSP via SSPI ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • SSL and CryptoAPI?
      ... I need to add SSL security to a sockets based application. ... I'm trying to figure out whether OpenSSL or the MS CryptoAPI is the way to ... example but with reduced choice of algorithms - is the latter correct? ...
      (microsoft.public.security)