Re: SMIME reader/viewer

From: rimoflove (rimoflove_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/26/04

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:14:58 +0800

I do generate a right S/MIME wrap..but the result is not right..Can function
CryptSignMessage create a signature to be a signature of an security mime?

> > i use cryptoapi to creating SMIME too, but i have met a big problem ,can
> > help me ?
> > i use CryptSignMessage to sign the email ,but when i use OE6 to open
this
> > email .It told me that the email has been juggled.
> > can u tell me how to sign a emal use SMIME msg?
> > which function should i use?
> > Thanks a lot!
> >

> > "anaonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> дʼ
> > > yes i do uses CAPI for creating SMIME messages

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The whole Process
    ... S/MIME aware application to fool you :-) ... > has an invalid signature. ... > embedded in email and news clients from Microsoft and Netscape for years. ... Recently Spammers illustrated this perception problem by forging PGP ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: The whole Process
    ... That's why I use a Hotmail account with my S/MIME signature - I've read that it can't be done, but the proof is in the pudding, you CAN use S/MIME with Hotmail!!! ... While most digital signature> validation schemes require a plugin, S/MIME signature validation has been> embedded in email and news clients from Microsoft and Netscape for years. ... Recently Spammers illustrated this perception problem by forging PGP> signatures and getting the "green light" to bypass SpamAssassin ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: The whole Process
    ... While most digital signature ... embedded in email and news clients from Microsoft and Netscape for years. ... Mail supports S/MIME digitally signed or encrypted messages. ... Recently Spammers illustrated this perception problem by forging PGP ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: CAPI
    ... where your p7s attachment (with b64 encoding) corresponds to the pbSignedMessageBlob in that ... If the signature is detached, you will need to initialize with the original content ... See also some S/MIME info here: ... > Here is a very simple example showing how S/MIME and PKCS7 fit together ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: questoin abt pkcs7 BLOB CAPI
    ... > i have a digital signature that is in PKCS7 format. ... save the BLOB in a file and name it as "smime.p7s". ... S/MIME is just a higher-level wrapper to ... your MIME program will b64 transfer-encode that blob anyway. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)