Re: Windows 2003 system account starting process as new user

From: Ben Skolmoski (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/27/04

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:06:04 -0800

The problem was fixed by setting the lpDesktop="WinSta0\Default".

Thanks for the help.

Ben Skolmoski

     ----- Jeffrey Hamblin wrote: -----

     What happens when you try it on XP with a user who is not a member of the
     Administrators group?

     My first guess is that you are failing the access check against the
     WindowStation on Server. On XP, everyone is admin, so you are getting
     through. Let me know, and I'll do some checking over here as well.

     Jeff

     "Ben Skolmoski" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a windows service running under the system account, this service
     calls an exe using CreateProcessWithLogonW to start it as a different user
     (in this can a user with admin rights). This works just fine on Windows XP
     Pro, but I get access is denied as the error message on Windows 2003
     Standard Edition. Please let me know if anybody knows any way to get this
     working.
>> Thank you,
> Ben Skolmoski

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows 2003 system account starting process as new user
    ... Administrators group? ... > I have a windows service running under the system account, ... (in this can a user with admin rights). ... This works just fine on Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Windows 2003 system account starting process as new user
    ... by launching an instance of cmd.exe as System ... >> I have a windows service running under the system account, ... > (in this can a user with admin rights). ... This works just fine on Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Automatically locking desktop after a certain period of time
    ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... > they shouldn't be able to rename the SCR file. ... These settings are ... > admin rights than, say, tutors, students, or other non-staff users. ...
  • Re: Admin Rights
    ... user name I created and re-set my name as admin rights. ... Make sure you also give the recipient the Windows XP ... Otherwise log into the built-in Administrator account and delete all the ... boot the computer into Safe Mode. ...
  • Re: CD-rom not accessible for user with admin rights
    ... setting for "use simple file sharing" right at the bottom of the list. ... Folder or Drive, ... but have not found anything (even windows knowledge base). ... I set up an account for her also with admin rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)