Re: Windows 2003 system account starting process as new user

From: Ben Skolmoski (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/27/04

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:06:04 -0800

The problem was fixed by setting the lpDesktop="WinSta0\Default".

Thanks for the help.

Ben Skolmoski

     ----- Jeffrey Hamblin wrote: -----

     What happens when you try it on XP with a user who is not a member of the
     Administrators group?

     My first guess is that you are failing the access check against the
     WindowStation on Server. On XP, everyone is admin, so you are getting
     through. Let me know, and I'll do some checking over here as well.

     Jeff

     "Ben Skolmoski" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a windows service running under the system account, this service
     calls an exe using CreateProcessWithLogonW to start it as a different user
     (in this can a user with admin rights). This works just fine on Windows XP
     Pro, but I get access is denied as the error message on Windows 2003
     Standard Edition. Please let me know if anybody knows any way to get this
     working.