Re: Windows 2003 system account starting process as new user

From: Jeffrey Hamblin (jhamblin_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/27/04

Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:29:33 -0800

What happens when you try it on XP with a user who is not a member of the
Administrators group?

My first guess is that you are failing the access check against the
WindowStation on Server. On XP, everyone is admin, so you are getting
through. Let me know, and I'll do some checking over here as well.

Jeff

"Ben Skolmoski" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a windows service running under the system account, this service
calls an exe using CreateProcessWithLogonW to start it as a different user
(in this can a user with admin rights). This works just fine on Windows XP
Pro, but I get access is denied as the error message on Windows 2003
Standard Edition. Please let me know if anybody knows any way to get this
working.

> Thank you,
> Ben Skolmoski

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Automatically locking desktop after a certain period of time
    ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... > they shouldn't be able to rename the SCR file. ... These settings are ... > admin rights than, say, tutors, students, or other non-staff users. ...
  • Re: Admin Rights
    ... user name I created and re-set my name as admin rights. ... Make sure you also give the recipient the Windows XP ... Otherwise log into the built-in Administrator account and delete all the ... boot the computer into Safe Mode. ...
  • Re: CD-rom not accessible for user with admin rights
    ... setting for "use simple file sharing" right at the bottom of the list. ... Folder or Drive, ... but have not found anything (even windows knowledge base). ... I set up an account for her also with admin rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Error 1706 when User tries to open Office applications
    ... Lanwench (in General newsgroup) gave me the solution to ... Give the user admin rights then run each ... Windows application once. ... The Windows installer ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.applications)
  • Re: HU CMS users
    ... Admin rights easier to use. ... If a botnet virus infests the machine even at user account level, ... There is plenty of malware that's stopped dead this way. ... Windows does not provide a "distro" that would be easily patched ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)