Windows security for application

From: Dale Fox (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/17/04

Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:02:41 -0800

I would like to make a print driver and folder available
for the use of a custom application, but prevent the
users that have access to run that application from being
able to directly access those resources.
For example, printing to the specified print driver is
acceptable within the custom application, but it is not
acceptable for the user to be able to print to it from
Word. Same idea for copying to the specified folder.

Is there any way to accomplish this? Any way to
dynamically change which user account the application is
running under?
Note that user interaction (such as having to type in a
new user name and password) while the custom app is
running is not acceptable.

Please help.

Dale

Relevant Pages

  • Windows security for application
    ... I would like to make a print driver and folder available for the use of a custom application, but prevent the users that have access to run that application from being able to directly access those resources. ... For example, printing to the specified print driver is acceptable within the custom application, but it is not acceptable for the user to be able to print to it from Word. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Windows security for application
    ... I would like to make a print driver and folder available ... printing to the specified print driver is ... acceptable within the custom application, ... Same idea for copying to the specified folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: WSS Requirements Help
    ... You can create a description of a document which will be presented as a tool tip or a custom column what columns to present to the user. ... The built in and highly customizable security model in SharePoint allows you to meet your fifth requirement easily. ... The aim is to present to the user at-a-glance information. ... It should be possible to view the folder structure in a tree view. ...
  • Re: Profile folder for Office 2007 settings?
    ... "Jay Freedman" wrote: ... displays this hidden folder even when the "show hidden files and folders" option ... The files in the UProof folder are the custom dictionary and (if you directly ... if you put any templates there that contain building blocks, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Activities tab unable to access custom form of subfolders
    ... however in the past I have been able to customize the Activities tab for ... each of the separate subfolders by accessing the subfolders custom form ... I have the Central Contacts public folder ... for any subfolder set up in the Activities properties of the Central ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms)