How to send a custom SAS?

From: Ivailo Petrov (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/14/04

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:29:24 -0800

I'm implementing a GINA and Authentication package based
on biometrics and need to send custom SAS notifications.

I looked over the documetation but couldn't find a way to
send a custom SAS message. The documentation says that
Winlogon has a special hook in User32 to handle C+A+D,
also Smart Card events are send and detected somehow.
The only place that gives some implementation details
is "The Essentials of Replacing the Microsoft GINA DLL"
and it says:
"Winlogon defines a special SAS monitor class window and
registers it with the Windows OS as the "Logon Notify
Window":
 - The kernel sends this window SAS message for C+A+D
events.
 - A resource manager sends the window a messages for any
smart card SAS events.
..."
I searched my system for a window of the above class and
couldn't find any. Also how the message should be send?

Ivailo Petrov

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to send a custom SAS?
    ... "Ivailo Petrov" wrote in message ... > on biometrics and need to send custom SAS notifications. ... > Window": ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: How to use SAS data in a pivot table
    ... A Beginner's Guide to Incorporating SAS Output in Microsoft Office ... It may take a while to load - after a short time, ... right window, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Which university produces good analog EEs?
    ... On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 19:25:01 GMT, the renowned Rich Grise ... Exactly, but in my window, it sas from Spehro. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)