How to send a custom SAS?

From: Ivailo Petrov (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/14/04

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:29:24 -0800

I'm implementing a GINA and Authentication package based
on biometrics and need to send custom SAS notifications.

I looked over the documetation but couldn't find a way to
send a custom SAS message. The documentation says that
Winlogon has a special hook in User32 to handle C+A+D,
also Smart Card events are send and detected somehow.
The only place that gives some implementation details
is "The Essentials of Replacing the Microsoft GINA DLL"
and it says:
"Winlogon defines a special SAS monitor class window and
registers it with the Windows OS as the "Logon Notify
Window":
 - The kernel sends this window SAS message for C+A+D
events.
 - A resource manager sends the window a messages for any
smart card SAS events.
..."
I searched my system for a window of the above class and
couldn't find any. Also how the message should be send?

Ivailo Petrov