Authorization Manager and Tasks AccessCheck

From: Moises E. J. (jaramillo_at_rdacorp.com)
Date: 01/13/04

    Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:41:13 -0800

    If I understand correctly, AzMan also allows you to perform checks against Tasks only if desired.

    Every sample code that I've seen related to this technology performs access checks at the Operation Level. Here is an example:

    <code>

    string task = "Search Student";

    // Initialize the only member of the array to empty string
    object[] scope = new object[1] {string.Empty};

    // Operation Check
    object[] operations = new object[1] {1};

    Array checkResults = (Array)_principalContext.AccessCheck(task, scope, operations, null, null, null, null, null);

    </code>

    In this example I pass both the task and operation.

    In my application, I don't need checks at a granular level but yet the AccessChecks demands that I pass an operation otherwise I get an Exception.

    How do I then check only the Task?

    Thanks for your help

    • Auth Manager and AccessCheck for Tasks
      ... Every sample code that I've seen related to this technology performs access checks at the Operation Level. ... Array checkResults = _principalContext.AccessCheck; ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
    • Progress Bar
      ... any sample code? ... "eRiva Systems" - Where Technology Meets Life, ...
      (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
    • String manipulation!
      ... any sample code? ... "eRiva Systems" - Where Technology Meets Life, ...
      (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
    • String manipulation!
      ... any sample code? ... "eRiva Systems" - Where Technology Meets Life, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)