Re: How remove Private key located in the registry?

From: filipe Campos (filipe_campos_at_cimsoft.pt)
Date: 01/13/04

    Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:14:39 -0000

    Yes is true, there is a option to remove the private key after the
    exportation of the certificate, but im whant remove the private key by
    code!
    My problem is to find a way to acess the privates key store in the registry
    of my local computer and then remove the private key im whant.

    There is any security libary (for C#) to do this?

    "Krish Shenoy[MSFT]" <kshenoy@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > If you are using the certificate snapin to export the certificate then
    there
    > is an option to delete the private key after exporting the certificate
    with
    > the private key.
    > "filipe Campos" <filipe_campos@cimsoft.pt> wrote in message
    > > Im have the next problem;
    > > To install my certificate and my private key in a local computer it is
    > easy,
    > > but when im want remove the same certificate and the private key, only
    > the
    > > certificate is removed!
    > >
    > > there is any solution to remove the certificate and the private key?
    > >
    > > Ass:
    > > Filipe Campos
    > > Cimsoft, LDA.

    • Re: Unable to use third-party cert after Exch Sp2 update on SBS200
      ... Every *server* certificate in IIS has to ... The public key is sent when a request from a browser ... The public key is used to *decrypt* data. ... The private key is used ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: SIMple SSL question ??
      ... I believe your book is instructing you to keep the private key secure. ... you use the certificate request wizard in IIS to install the cert after it's ... the certificate that's just been installed. ... If an attacker retrievs the SSL certificate, ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
    • RE: SIMple SSL question ??
      ... I believe your book is instructing you to keep the private key secure. ... you use the certificate request wizard in IIS to install the cert after it's ... the certificate that's just been installed. ... If an attacker retrievs the SSL certificate, ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
    • Re: Certificates, Keys, Mobile Users, Intended Usage
      ... Option that you think about uses self signed EFS certificates. ... Better then exporting user's private key as backup is to setup DRA (Data ... there is no EFS certificate and it will generate a new one. ... Mobile computer users benefit from encrypting sensitive ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: PFXExportCertStoreEx
      ... which contains the actual PFX and write that to the disk. ... methods to export certificate + private key from the IE store. ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)