Is it possible to force IIS to accept any client ssl certificate?

From: Tester (test)
Date: 01/13/04

    Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:07:39 -0500

    Hello all,

    Does anyone know if it is possible to tell IIS to accept any client
    certificate (even self signed and not trusted). We have to do custom
    authentication of legacy system, which uses self signed certificates without
    "client" usage specified in certificate.

    Alternatively is it possible to intercept invalid certificate through ISAPI
    filter and tell IIS to accept the connection and get a hold of client
    certificate?

    Thanks for any advise

    • Re: security header is not present in the incoming message
      ... Similar problem appears when I run my client directly under IIS instead of under ASP.NET Development Server. ... There are no certificates in the certificate store that match the find value of 'CN=WSE2QuickStartServer'. ... 'Hello World with certificate policy. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
    • Re: LDP client authentication fails
      ... The remote server has requested SSL client authentication, ... I have copied the personal certificate as follows: ...
    • Re: LDP client authentication fails
      ... I got the LDP working with LDAP server under server client authentication ... I did not installed the certificate in pfx format .. ... Client cert auth won't work without that. ...
    • RE: Client certificate authentication
      ... "SSPI Mutual Authentication Is Indicated on the Client Side But Not on the ... I have seen an known issue of AcceptSecurityContext() not return ... successfully able to map the certificate to a user account in AD. ...
      (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)