Re: Unable to read Active Directory data from a web part - Unknown error (0x80005000)

From: Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\) (joseph.e.kaplan_at_removethis.accenture.com)
Date: 01/11/04

    Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:23:32 -0600

    Can you post your code? Have you read this article?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329986

    These problems with System.DirectoryServices are generally caused by
    security context issues and the use of default credentials and/or serverless
    binding with a non-domain account.

    Joe K.

    "Stefan Falk" <nothing@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Hello Arthur,
    >
    > i have a very similar problem. Seems as if AD searching from ASP.NET works
    > only occasionally.
    >
    > My setup is as follows: An ASP.NET web service should query AD about the
    > SMTP address of a user and send mail to him/her. My Windows XP development
    > machine with local IIS successfully queries AD on our Windows 2003 DC.
    > However, at the customer's site, the Windows 2000 IIS seems not to try to
    > query the Windows 2000 DC (nothing logged on the DCs despite logging
    turned
    > on). DirectorySearcher.FindOne simply returns nothing without any error
    > logged.
    >
    > I have searched MSDN library to no avail. Seems to me as if many
    developers
    > have this kind of problem but noone has an answer.
    >
    > Do you have something new about the topic?
    >
    > Greetings,
    > Stefan Falk

    • RE: synchronizing domain user Local cached credentials with domain
      ... Would you mind emailing me your script? ... windows taskbar bubble which would indicate that their password needs to be ... locally cached credentials are out of sync with domain credentials. ...
    • Thanks!!
      ... login prompt and I can get in/open the document or do whatever I was doing. ... lets me through as it should using Windows Authentication. ... You are prompted to enter your credentials when you access an FQDN site by using a Windows Vista-based client computer that has no proxy configured ...
    • Cached Password Issue???
      ... cannot browse the server. ... shares if I supply the same credentials however. ... Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Problem with control hosted in IE
      ... The control is running on the client machine, so the default credentials are ... These will be the Windows logon from the ... > I logon to another machine using a local account (not one that the IIS ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
    • Re: Unable to read Active Directory data from a web part - Unknown error (0x80005000)
      ... security context issues and the use of default credentials and/or serverless ... > My setup is as follows: An ASP.NET web service should query AD about the ... > machine with local IIS successfully queries AD on our Windows 2003 DC. ...