Re: Unable to read Active Directory data from a web part - Unknown error (0x80005000)

From: Stefan Falk (nothing_at_nospam.com)
Date: 01/11/04

Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:20:20 +0100

Hello Arthur,

i have a very similar problem. Seems as if AD searching from ASP.NET works
only occasionally.

My setup is as follows: An ASP.NET web service should query AD about the
SMTP address of a user and send mail to him/her. My Windows XP development
machine with local IIS successfully queries AD on our Windows 2003 DC.
However, at the customer's site, the Windows 2000 IIS seems not to try to
query the Windows 2000 DC (nothing logged on the DCs despite logging turned
on). DirectorySearcher.FindOne simply returns nothing without any error
logged.

I have searched MSDN library to no avail. Seems to me as if many developers
have this kind of problem but noone has an answer.

Do you have something new about the topic?

Greetings,
Stefan Falk

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unable to read Active Directory data from a web part - Unknown error (0x80005000)
    ... Seems as if AD searching from ASP.NET works ... An ASP.NET web service should query AD about the ... machine with local IIS successfully queries AD on our Windows 2003 DC. ...
  • Re: Question about offering solutions here (head up, MVPs!)
    ... I think that people think of searching Help as searching ... Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: ... of computer terminology that people are just plain afraid of. ... Teach them to fish instead of just giving them a fish. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... Windows and Mac and I expect KDE and Gnome search boxes reappear ... populated with the last performed query, while those / prompts give ... query in a few tools. ... history and/or autocomplete of previous searches. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Modifying Open and Save As Dialog Boxes
    ... Windows' Help is a nightmare of frustration an inefficient design, allowing you to find what you're looking for only a) by accident or b) if you happen to know EXACTLY what the Help authors have chosen to call it. ... When I'm in Word, searching for help in Word 2007, the Help system shouldn't show me stuff having to do with Access 2003... ... any mix of Favorite Links and Folders. ... Explorer (Organize - Layout - Menu bar), the File dialog boxes and Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Parameter Query Form Problem
    ... This is what I used to make my query, its was a Microsoft support site. ... controls on the form so it can run the query. ... ContractStartDate ... Combo Box for searching Customer Name ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)