Re: Retrieving the friendly name of certificate store

From: Michel Gallant (neutron_at_NOSPAMistar.ca)
Date: 11/25/03

Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:41:26 -0500

Innokentiy,

The "Friendly Name" of a certificate is a CryptoAPI "Extended Property"
Extended Properties are not actually part of the X509 v3 certificate but
are associated with the certificate when maintained in CryptoAPI cert stores.
It is editable. You can get it using:
  CertGetCertificateContextProperty()
with dwPropID = CERT_FRIENDLY_NAME_PROP_ID

Note that when you export the certificate and move it, the Friendly Name
is lost (like other Extended Properties).

- Michel Gallant
   MVP Security