Re: Windows XP Home and CryptoAPI

From: Ryan Menezes [MSFT] (ryanmen_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/19/03

Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:06:10 -0800

CryptoAPI exists on Windows XP home edition.Can you be a bit more specific
about what you were trying to do and how it failed ?

Thanks,
Ryan

"George Nentidis" <gnentid@msn.com> wrote in message

> Hi there all.
> I use CryptoAPI in my application for data encryption.
> More specific for text encrpytion.
> This API does not seem to work correctly or at all under Windows XP Home
> edition.
> Does anybody now if CryptoAPI is installed in Home Edition?
> Or is it one of the things that WinXP Proffesional version has, but the
> version doesn't?
>
> Thank you all for you time
> George Nentidis.

Relevant Pages

  • AES Symmetric Key Secure Storage
    ... as most of our customers have not yet upgraded to Windows 2003. ... This essentially ruled out using CryptoAPI, as there does not exist a CSP ... Source version of the AES in our libraries, ... We want a secure location to store the ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: CAPICOM 2.1 Dependencies
    ... To give you some history on how CryptoAPI shipped in the past, Windows 98 ... the same version of CryptoAPI as IE6 SP1 on Win98. ... > 2) What changed to increase the dependancy in Windows 98? ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Encrypt/ Decrypt in NdisIM with Ethernet
    ... I want to encrypt and decrypt data in some specified protocol in NdisIM ... (Windows XP platform). ... Because the CryptoAPI is fixed length of key is 512 bits, ...
  • Re: cryptoAPI windows 7 support
    ... USE CRYPTOAPI WITH WINDOWS 7 AND WINDOWS 2008 SERVER. ... Microsoft never mentioned that Crypto API will be deprecated. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Basic questions about CryptoAPI
    ... Capicom is an easier to use com wrapper that depends on the CryptoAPI. ... Will the application work on Windows NT if I use CryptoAPI? ... What is a good start to get information on PKI (links, White papers ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)