Re: CertEnumCertificatesInStore()

From: Michel Gallant (
Date: 11/14/03

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:45:58 -0500

Note that the certs snap-in console displays ALL certs (all also all
cert stores, including any custom ones you generate).
IE Cers panels filters MY store certs mainly for certs that have
associated private keys available.
 - Michel Gallant
    Security MVP

"Oliver Young" <none> wrote in message news:O0uFcwqqDHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Using CertEnumCertificatesInStore() I'm able to show all certificates in
> Personal store. But, IE shows only valid certificates (not corrupted certs).
> How can I filter this?
> Thank you.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do you associate private key with import cert?
    ... IE certificates panel and Certs snapin use. ... panel is that the IE display is filtered (i.e. in MY store, ... and select to include the private key (only possible if the private key has ...
  • Re: importing certificate into "my" store
    ... The usual place to install others certificates (not including root CA certs) is in the "Other" ... certificate store. ... an associated private key, and which are invalid for other reasons (however MMC Certs SnapIn ...
  • Re: Enterprise root CA not re-trusted after manually deleted
    ... the AEDirectoryCache is the authoritative local copy of the AD and the client is not interested in the contents of the cert store at all. ... CA certs in AD). ... deleted root certs can automatically return or need a manual repair. ... When I then deleted the certificate manually from a computer's Trusted ...
  • Re: How to verify CA for a X.509 certificate
    ... The article DOES check if the public key is in the store, ... to use it to explicitly verify the signature on the cert. ... root CA certs;-) then you should be golden. ... > is not secure as the issuer name can be forged quite easily. ...
  • Copying Certificates from the Trusted Root certs store to the Personal Store on XPsp3
    ... I have successfully distributed a couple of private certificates by GPO ... GPO puts the certs into the container Computer \ Trusted Root ... DOES ANYONE HAVE A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF CERTIFICATE STORE NAMES? ...