How to get certificate informations using CryptoAPI or CAPICOM ...

From: Vincent Marie (v.marie_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: 11/13/03

Date: 13 Nov 2003 02:36:26 -0800

Hello,

How can I determine, using CryptoAPI or CAPICOM, for which uses is a
certificate intended to ?
In other words, I would like to get programmatically the uses list
that I can see in the General Tab when I open a Certificate in the
'Certificates' MMC snap-in below "The certificate is intended to:"

Thank in advance,
Regards,
Vincent

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Using Client Certificates that Require User Password Verificat
    ... My client application is written in .NET. ... object and am accessing the certificates through P/Invoke and the CryptoAPI. ... When accesssing the certificate through the CryptoAPI I am hoping that I can ... What API methods can I use to get at the password protected private key? ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Auto certificate and key generation to pfx
    ... but the classes merely use CryptoAPI for certain functionality. ... Best Practices for implementing Windows Server 2003 PKI: ... I suppose my question should have> been: is it possible to use the CryptoAPI to perform all> the tasks involved in requesting a certificate and> keypair, receiving the generated certificate and keypair,> exporting them to a pfx file and then deleting the cert> and private key off the machine? ... > I have found the example using the CryptoAPI to create a> certificate request. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Basic questions about CryptoAPI
    ... setting up a certificate server and issuing certificates for clients is ... >> I have another question regarding the cost of using Microsoft ... But what about setting up a MS certificate ... >>> Capicom is an easier to use com wrapper that depends on the CryptoAPI. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Basic questions about CryptoAPI
    ... setting up a certificate server and issuing certificates for clients is ... >> I have another question regarding the cost of using Microsoft ... But what about setting up a MS certificate ... >>> Capicom is an easier to use com wrapper that depends on the CryptoAPI. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: How to exchange certificate ?
    ... Note that the emphasis in CryptoAPI is on CMS/PKCS#7 Enveloped Data ... Are you specifying the correct certificate and store of the recipient after ... If you want to compare with Java you should really be comparing Java against ... > this certificate to be able to use it to encrypt a message back. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)