Re: CryptAcquireContext

From: Michel Gallant (neutron_at_nspxistar.ca)
Date: 10/23/03

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:35:30 -0400

Don't touch that folder! It contains all CryptoAPI protected private
key files (W2k +).
This described the folders, and also the cert folders:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/default.asp?url=/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/prork/prdd_sec_grhc.asp

That folder, for W2k, will contain your EFS keys also, so if you delete it,
you won't be able to open your encrypted local folders (except via your administrator
account recovery keys).

If you want to delete *specific* key containers, you can use this utility I
created for this purpose:
   http://pages.istar.ca/~neutron/KeyContainerTool/ (requires CAPICOM)

 - Michel Gallant
    Visual Security MVP