Creating a directory that everyone can access

From: Mats Manhav (mats.manhav_at_bewator.se)
Date: 10/14/03

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 07:40:56 -0700

In my program I need to create a directory that every
user of the computer can access. The directory is created
as a subdirectory to the Program folder and it is created
while being an Administrator.
When running as a normal user on the same I want my
program to be able to write files into this directory.
When running on Windows XP this does not work.

Can someone help me with this?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Explorer Question
    ... Sir Patrick -- ... Shut down the computer, rebooted, and logged on as Administrator. ... and logged on as my normal user -- ... problem still present in Windows Explorer. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Program wont run under normal user account
    ... Restart in Safe mode by selecting it after hitting F8 at boot, ... administrator. ... You then need to locate the program folder and right click ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] [Fwd: Re: windows future]
    ... normal user by requiring the creation of at least one normal user at ... administrator and just do whatever you needed to? ... The OS is Debian Linux. ... I understand Windows also has similar fine grained controls. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Administrator Problem.
    ... I'm having a problem with Windows XP home edition. ... control panel for users, I had created a normal user for ... functions just as the administrator would. ...
  • GPO with LPT1 mapping on legacy program will not map with Winodws
    ... I understand you have to be an administrator on a Windows XP PC to map LPT1 ... but I need a normal user to be able to map LPT1 to a printer ...