grant user access right to CD in my own program

From: David (yeshengl_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/08/03

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:52:02 -0700

Hi,

I am running WinXP and my program has CD burning
capability. But under WinXP, non-administrative user does
not have access right to CD/DVD. So I have to go to
system administrator and have the CD access right granted
to the non-administrative accounts.

So my question is, can my program automatically detect
and grant user access rights to CD when the program is
launched by non-administrative account? Maybe my program
needs to change the security setting and registry keys
under non-administrative account. Is it possible? If it
can be done, how to do it? Thanks a lot!