RE: ResourceManager connection fails (SCARD_E_NO_SERVICE)

From: Karl Thorén (morot_at_todos.se)
Date: 09/26/03

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:40:36 -0700

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:11:06 GMT,
jslin@online.microsoft.com (Jian-Shen Lin[MS]) wrote:

>Hi Karl ,
>
>We can't reproduce the same issue under WinXP, but we can
share some
>information with you:
>
>If you write Gina component, SCardEstablishContext() will
fail in the GINA
>since the Smart card service has not been started when
winlogon shows the
>SAS.
>
>If you want to call SCardEstablishContext from other
session(such as
>terminal session)
> SCardEstablishContext is the one returning
SCARD_E_NO_SERVICE. It detects
>the session change and will return the error if it is not
the session that
>the application is running under.
>
>Otherwise it will work succussfully, do you try to
restart the smart card
>service?

All of my smart card applications are failing with this
error when they trying to run SCardEstablishContext().

The smart card service is restarted (The computer is
rebooted)

I have installed new smart card readers but I still get
the same error!

With best regards,
/Karl Thorén

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ResourceManager connection fails (SCARD_E_NO_SERVICE)
    ... SCardEstablishContext() will ... >>the session change and will return the error if it is not ... >restart the smart card ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: ResourceManager connection fails (SCARD_E_NO_SERVICE)
    ... SCardEstablishContext() will ... >the session change and will return the error if it is not ... restart the smart card ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • RE: ResourceManager connection fails (SCARD_E_NO_SERVICE)
    ... If you write Gina component, SCardEstablishContext() will fail in the GINA ... since the Smart card service has not been started when winlogon shows the ... terminal session) ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: SCardEstablishContext with FUS broken?
    ... TS client (provided smartcard redirection is enabled) ... Session 0 is the only one that can switch between all three states. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... >>> notified and SCardEstablishContext is called again, ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • SCardEstablishContext with FUS broken?
    ... session id 0. ... If I fast user switch (FUS) to another user my application is ... notified and SCardEstablishContext is called again, ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)