Re: Remote Locking II

From: Eugene Mayevski (mayevski_at_eldos.org)
Date: 09/17/03

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:11:10 +0300

Carl Meyer wrote:

> What I am looking for is the call to remotely lock the workstation (via an
> administrator account). If no remote call is available to do this I wish to
> use a local call which is issued by sending a client app (winsock) a message
> to invoke the call.

There can be several solutions depending on which OS the client runs. If
the client is NT-based (NT/2000/XP), then you can create service
application which, when running, will block all activity in some way.
And you will be able to start/stop that service remotely using service API.

If the remote workstation is Win 9x-based, you will need to create two
processes and control them manually. Two are needed to prevent them from
being closed -- they will monitor each other and restart the partner, if
it is killed (by the user or due to a crash).
You can use MsgConnect (http://www.msgconnect.com/) for sending commands
to remote applications.

--
Eugene Mayevski
EldoS Corp., CTO

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RWW Disconnecting
    ... I understand that remote client encounts following error message when RWW ... I strongly suggest that we rerun the Configure E-mail and Internet ... 825763 How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... graphics; one-button mice...all while the machines have tended to be ... the internet are good enough that you can run a modern-as-of-2007 GUI ... * Remote machine has graphical app running that tells the Windows ... network to the client to display a button labeled "foo" at those ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Redirect problems to remote client
    ... sent you a copy of the results file from the client. ... > remote client and redirecting the My Documents folder. ... > - Internet Explorer Maitenance policy processing ... Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Remote connectivity problems
    ... do you mean you have added a remote client to SBS ... If you have hardware VPN tunnel setup using Linksys or others, ... In this scenario you have to configure the SBS Server computer to enable ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Mapped Drives over VPN
    ... When the client tries to access a share on the remote machine, ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... | They have generally two mapped drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)