Re: Password Filtering

From: Alaa Abdelhalim [MSFT] (alaa_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/12/03

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:43:59 -0700

The functionality of password filtering is supported on Windows 2000 and
later as well.
I'm not sure which sample you're specifically talking about, but if it's the
"passfilt.dll" that was designed to work on NT4, then these particular
restrictions no longer make sense for Windows 2000 and later as they are
already integrated into the OS.
Note that the password filter must be installed on every domain controller
in your domain or on your local machine if you are changing passwords for
local accounts.

I don't know what sorts of problems you are having, so please elaborate.

--
Alaa Abdelhalim [MSFT]
-----