Re: winlogon.exe, GINA, and user reconnection question? Please help.

From: Shawn Anderson (sanderson_at_rippletech.com)
Date: 09/12/03

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:00:25 -0400

So then shouldn't it be possible to tell when I return from the call to the
WlxLoggedOnSAS method in the original MSGINA.dll?

Do you know how winlogon.exe matches the sessions up?

Shawn

"Eric Perlin [MS]" <ericperl@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Winlogon doesn't know this until you logon.
> You can't know if you already have a session until you are
authenticated...
> --
> Eric Perlin [MS]
rights.
> ---
>
> "Shawn Anderson" <sanderson@rippletech.com> wrote in message
> > I have been doing a lot of development recently with a GINA stub and
> > replacement. I am curious about something. Does anyone know how
windows
> > (or winlogon.exe) determines if an incoming connection is a new
> > connection/session or a reconnect to an existing session? Basically I
> need
> > to do something only when a user logs on, not when they reconnect.
> However
> > the WlxLoggedOutSAS gets called before the reconnect event. As a result
> > need to know how to tell if this WlxLoggedOutSAS call is going to cause
> > reconnect or not.
> >
> > Can anyone explain or offer insight?
> >

> > Thanks
> > Shawn

Relevant Pages

  • Re: winlogon.exe, GINA, and user reconnection question? Please help.
    ... You can't know if you already have a session until you are authenticated... ... > determines if an incoming connection is a new ... > to do something only when a user logs on, not when they reconnect. ... > the WlxLoggedOutSAS gets called before the reconnect event. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • winlogon.exe, GINA, and user reconnection question? Please help.
    ... Does anyone know how windows ... determines if an incoming connection is a new ... to do something only when a user logs on, not when they reconnect. ... the WlxLoggedOutSAS gets called before the reconnect event. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)