Re: IIS Webservice + SQL 2008

I think you need to look at delegation.

On 07/10/2009 07:25, in article
FC26BE2B-CF6F-471A-AAD9-2BB8CC60ACA4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "riba"
<riba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you for your quick response. I have all authentications disabled. Only
Windows Authentication is enabled. When I change something in sql from
webservice same thing happens. User which is provided as Application pool
made changes in database and not user who is logged into Webservice through
Windows authentication.

"Dan" wrote:

"riba" <riba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello!

I hope this question belongs to this thread. I am developing webservice
that
provide access to sql for users. The IIS authentication is Windows
authentication. The Application pool is some domain user. The question is:
How can I enable that user which is logged in webservice will be logged to
sql too. Because at this moment if user changes something in sql through
webservice, I see that the change was made by that user which is provided
as
Application pool and not by user logged in to the webservice.

It sounds like you have Anonymous access enabled so the Windows
authentication credentials are not passed by the browser. Try disabling
Anonymous access.

--
Dan

  • Re: Authentication
    ... available are Windows authentication only or mixed mode. ... else how can enforce SQL authentication only!!!!! ... Though you can't disable the mechanism for Windows authentication, ... the right to connect to SQL Server - you have to explicitly allow this ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: IIS Webservice + SQL 2008
    ... Windows Authentication is enabled. ... When I change something in sql from ... webservice same thing happens. ...
  • Re: NT authentication vs. SQL auth
    ... During a recent data migration from a SQL 6.5 db to a SQL ... about 1 hour and 10 minutes using SQL authentication. ... >information and pass it back to SQL Server. ... >sense that Windows Authentication is more demanding, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Login failed for ServerGuest
    ... You can enable the guest account but that's a security risk ... For SQL ... although Windows Authentication is more secure than ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • RE: Running SSIS Package using a scheduled Job in SQL2005
    ... 918760 - An SSIS package does not run when you call the SSIS ... SQL troubleshooting: http://sql.veranoest.net ... Authentication option is disabled. ... I have noticed that if I use Windows Authentication ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)