Re: The 'Source' permission for WebDAV in IIS 7.0
- From: "Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 23:05:28 +1000
i'll check in IIS 7 - but for IIS 6 - what I wrote was what that option did. You couldn't not retrieve the contents of a page handled by an extension other than static file handler without the "source" option. Read gave you access to the contents of files handled by the static file handler only.
"LBM" <no e-mail> wrote in message news:uS12qPLIJHA.4600@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Source enables access to code source for dynamic pages
Thank you for the reply, but WebDAV requests do not execute dynamic content on the IIS server anyway. WebDAV requests to read/download a file simply gets the raw contents of the file, with or without the Source permission.
So what is the difference between Read and Source for the sake of WebDAV requests?
- Prev by Date: Re: The 'Source' permission for WebDAV in IIS 7.0
- Next by Date: RE: Kerberos Configured, but occasionally users login using NTLM
- Previous by thread: Re: The 'Source' permission for WebDAV in IIS 7.0
- Next by thread: Re: The 'Source' permission for WebDAV in IIS 7.0