name on the security certificate is invalid

I set up an SSL Certificate for my website. All works fine when the
site is accessed via

The problem is that there are many internal users and I don't want
them to have to go out to the internet to access the site. They
access the site with http://servername. This causes the error "name
on the security certificate is invalid".

What's the best solution for supporting both internal and external

More info:
1. For the internal users, the connection doesn't necessarily need to
be encrypted
2. On the website, I have "require ssl" checked (in IIS). Then, I
use a custom error page to redirect people to https if the come in to
the sive with http. I'd like to keep this part. It works well.
3. Is there a way to allow internal users to type and
have the router (cheap home router) keep the traffic inside the
building without going to the ISP and back?
4. Is there a way to install a second cert with the server name?
5. I guess I could maintain two copies of the site - one for internal
and one for external customer... but I don't like this solution. Does
anyone else do this?
6. Is there a way to make a single cert work for and
"http://myservername";? What about when people hit the site using just
an IP address (internal or external)?

That's it for now - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: (OT) Welcome back the Newspaper boy
    ... I dont understand this young generation, and in many ways, I dont want ... I still remember the early days of the internet, ... to geocities and made a simple website to share about themselves or ... I dont let anyone put myself on FB as far as photos or personal stuff. ...
  • This Weeks David Tanny Podcasts May 4-7, 2010
    ... The David Tanny Show #0182 ... Show website: ... "Around The World and Across the Internet in 30 Minutes!" ... Star Wars Day is May the 4th, as in, May the 4th Be With You? ...
  • Re: DNS Issue
    ... > access this website via IP address just fine internally. ... server has a separate address for each web site, ... >>> citizens to access this website via the internet. ... >>> I get a error in my browser Host not foound. ...
  • RE: Finding multi-homed, internet connected, systems as potential point-of-entry.
    ... It uses ICMP and may or may not work depending on how the local network is set up. ... > -Send a spoofed (spoof an internet address under our control) message ... > Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
  • Re: Be├íl Feirste, Northern Ireland: Westlink road death and lorry crash cause city traffic chaos
    ... To go back to the room of people who care link I used, ... to your website, ... have little or nothing to do with the subject matter at times. ... the Internet will hear more of the same analogy from the drivel-nation. ...