name on the security certificate is invalid

I set up an SSL Certificate for my website. All works fine when the
site is accessed via www.mysite.com.

The problem is that there are many internal users and I don't want
them to have to go out to the internet to access the site. They
access the site with http://servername. This causes the error "name
on the security certificate is invalid".

What's the best solution for supporting both internal and external
customers?

More info:
1. For the internal users, the connection doesn't necessarily need to
be encrypted
2. On the website, I have "require ssl" checked (in IIS). Then, I
use a custom error page to redirect people to https if the come in to
the sive with http. I'd like to keep this part. It works well.
3. Is there a way to allow internal users to type www.mysite.com and
have the router (cheap home router) keep the traffic inside the
building without going to the ISP and back?
4. Is there a way to install a second cert with the server name?
5. I guess I could maintain two copies of the site - one for internal
and one for external customer... but I don't like this solution. Does
anyone else do this?
6. Is there a way to make a single cert work for www.mysite.com and
"http://myservername";? What about when people hit the site using just
an IP address (internal or external)?

That's it for now - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

  • Re: (OT) Welcome back the Newspaper boy
    ... I dont understand this young generation, and in many ways, I dont want ... I still remember the early days of the internet, ... to geocities and made a simple website to share about themselves or ... I dont let anyone put myself on FB as far as photos or personal stuff. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • This Weeks David Tanny Podcasts May 4-7, 2010
    ... The David Tanny Show #0182 ... Show website: http://www.davidtanny.com/009.htm ... "Around The World and Across the Internet in 30 Minutes!" ... Star Wars Day is May the 4th, as in, May the 4th Be With You? ...
    (rec.music.dementia)
  • Re: DNS Issue
    ... > access this website via IP address just fine internally. ... server has a separate address for each web site, ... >>> citizens to access this website via the internet. ... >>> I get a error in my browser Host not foound. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • RE: Finding multi-homed, internet connected, systems as potential point-of-entry.
    ... It uses ICMP and may or may not work depending on how the local network is set up. ... > -Send a spoofed (spoof an internet address under our control) message ... > Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Beál Feirste, Northern Ireland: Westlink road death and lorry crash cause city traffic chaos
    ... To go back to the room of people who care link I used, ... to your website, ... have little or nothing to do with the subject matter at times. ... the Internet will hear more of the same analogy from the drivel-nation. ...
    (misc.transport.road)