Re: REQUESTING A CERTIFICATE FROM THE CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY

You can use certreq.exe to request a certificate from the CA and supplying the CSR. certreq.exe can be run on the server by an administrator, or can be provided to a user to run on their machine.

Cheers
Ken

"CHANGING FAIL OVER CLUSTER TO NLB" <CHANGINGFAILOVERCLUSTERTONLB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5E0B84A3-B8AD-43FA-99DC-3020E3B41611@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ken:

Thanks for your response on the ASP page. Could you please let me know other
ways of requesting or deploying certificates from the CA instead of
requesting it through CA's web page?

As always, will appreciate your quick response. Thanks.

Regards,

Victor

"Ken Schaefer" wrote:

Hi,

a) You don't have to use the website if you don't want to. There are other
ways to retrieve certificates from the CA.

b) If you want to customise the webpages, you can do that to a limited
extent. They are just regular ASP (not ASP.NET pages), so you can certainly
customise the text and some of the elements.

> Hello:
>
> Novice to asp development. Hence, need help.
>
> When requesting a certificate from the CA server, one has to type in
> http://servername/certsrv in the url of the browser. I am wondering
> whether
> this page can be customized? If so, could please let me know how? Do I
> need
> to use ASP.NET to make changes, save it and copy those files back to > the
> IIS
> Server's location?
>
> An example modification that I am looking for is as follows:
>
> On the http:/servername/certsrv page, I do not want to see "For more
> information about Certificate Services, see Certificate Services
> Documentation." Similary, I only want to see "Request a Certificate" > from
> the
> "Select a task:" and nothing else.
>
> Once they select Request a Certificate in the above mentioned page, the
> next
> page called should be http:/servername/certrqma.asp.
>
> I will certainly appreciate your input as soon as possible. Thanks in
> advance!
>
> Victor

  • Re: Cannot request certificate on client computer
    ... re-connect both computer and user account on the server. ... PC and the certificate request now works. ... (I'd check both the server and the client PC). ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot request certificate on client computer
    ... re-connect both computer and user account on the server. ... one PC and the certificate request now works. ... (I'd check both the server and the client PC). ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Wireless connection problem from XP Pro SP2 to SBS 2003
    ... the screen I'm seeing under advanced request is a little different than what ... In Type of Certificate needed, click Server Authentication Certificate. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Generate SSL certificate request from ISA server
    ... when you receive the certificate from the authority, install it on the ISA ... Server instead of the web server. ... > request to send to them, which doesn't appear to be possible directly from ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.configuration)
  • Re: Cannot request computer certificate.
    ... I did a cerutil -ping from the server again and now it is working: ... >>whole problem since you can not request a certificate while logged onto ... >> I would verify that the certificate services service is running and set ... >>> The redir is bound to 1 NetBt transport. ...