- From: "Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:44:28 -0700
Can you get a packet capture between your browser and the webserver?
My IIS blog: http://adopenstatic.com/blog
"CK" <c_kettenbach@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:i%MIj.11612$qS5.2465@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I did all the steps you mentioned and I still get
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTLM
Any ideas? I enable Kerberos logging but I don't see any new entries in the Event Log. What am I missing here? I also want to mention that this webserver is on a VM. Not sure if that makes a difference.
"Tiago Halm" <thalm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OOeG25ElIHA.3400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYou probably followed much of these steps (Ken must have pointed them). Make it work in IIS to get a sense on how it works
1. make sure NTAuthenticationProviders is not overridden so we start with the default "Negotiate, NTLM".
typecscript adsutil.vbs delete w3svc/NTAuthenticationProviders
cscript adsutil.vbs delete w3svc/1/NTAuthenticationProviders
cscript adsutil.vbs delete w3svc/1/ROOT/NTAuthenticationProviders
See more steps on:
2. Create an FQDN (xxx.yyy.zzz) in DNS pointing to IIS ip address
3. Select a WebSite, make sure all VDirs use the same AppPool as the WebSite and define the Host Header on port 80 with that FQDN (xxx.yyy.zzz). Specify the port address if needed.
4. create the SPN, by using the account setup on the hostheadersetspn.exe http/xxx.yyy.zzz domain\apppoolaccount5. Setup IIS with Integrated Windows Authentication. Force inheritance if needed.
Open IE, make sure xxx.yyy.zzz is a local intranet site, browse a page, look into the security log. Filter by 540 event (not sure about this one) and your windows account.
Final t-shoot stage is to enable kerberos logging:
let us know the steps you took until now ...
"CK" <c_kettenbach@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1pxIj.378$ch4.135@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI can not get Kerberos to work on my web server. I have done all of Ken Schaefers troubleshooting techniques still to no avail. I created a test.htm page and when i hit it, I check the security event log and it is still using NTLM. Any ideas why Kerberos is not running? I am ultimately trying to set up constrianed delegation to an Exchange 2007 web service. I have been working on this for weeks and I am absolutely stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions at this point?
- Prev by Date: test
- Next by Date: Re: Kerberos
- Previous by thread: Re: Kerberos
- Next by thread: Re: Kerberos