Re: Kerberos

I did all the steps you mentioned and I still get
Logon Process: NtLmSsp

Authentication Package: NTLM

Any ideas? I enable Kerberos logging but I don't see any new entries in the
Event Log. What am I missing here? I also want to mention that this
webserver is on a VM. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

~ck

"Tiago Halm" <thalm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
You probably followed much of these steps (Ken must have pointed them).
Make it work in IIS to get a sense on how it works

1. make sure NTAuthenticationProviders is not overridden so we start with
the default "Negotiate, NTLM".
type
cscript adsutil.vbs delete w3svc/NTAuthenticationProviders
cscript adsutil.vbs delete w3svc/1/NTAuthenticationProviders
cscript adsutil.vbs delete w3svc/1/ROOT/NTAuthenticationProviders

See more steps on:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215383
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/ea7cd846-33da-49c9-927f-d4e76d6309ac.mspx?mfr=true

2. Create an FQDN (xxx.yyy.zzz) in DNS pointing to IIS ip address
3. Select a WebSite, make sure all VDirs use the same AppPool as the
WebSite and define the Host Header on port 80 with that FQDN
(xxx.yyy.zzz). Specify the port address if needed.
4. create the SPN, by using the account setup on the hostheader
setspn.exe http/xxx.yyy.zzz domain\apppoolaccount
5. Setup IIS with Integrated Windows Authentication. Force inheritance if
needed.

Open IE, make sure xxx.yyy.zzz is a local intranet site, browse a page,
look into the security log. Filter by 540 event (not sure about this one)
and your windows account.

Final t-shoot stage is to enable kerberos logging:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262177

let us know the steps you took until now ...

Tiago Halm