Re: CSR - Won't process pending request

When you create the certificate request using the IIS wizard, it creates a "pending request" in the machine's cert store.

You can verify whether this still exists by going to:
Start -> Run -> MMC.exe
Add/Remove Snapin
Add the Certificates MMC snapin and point it to the Machine store
Examine the pending requests node.

If your request isn't there, then the cert that you downloaded can't be matched to a pending request and the wizard will fail.

Generate a new request, and issue a new certificate (after revoking the old one).

Cheers
Ken

"rileymartin" <rileymartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6C709FCD-222B-473A-98CC-FEFC2CCE6784@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm migrating Exchange to new hardware and after generating a new CSR
and downloading our new cert, it won't process. I generated the request
using the IIS MMC and I'm trying to process the pending request also in IIS.
When I browse to the cert file and click it says the following:

'The pending certificate request for this response file was not found. This
request may be canceled. You cannot install selected response certificate
using this Wizard.'

I'm new to both Exchange and IIS so any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

Riley

  • Re: Unable to install Godaddy cert on SBS R2 Standard box
    ... I recently bought a ten year Turbo SSL cert, but I want to rebuild my server ... "Please create a new request,and request for a new certificate from ... Godaddy(issue a new certificate),then install the new certificate. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Recovery agent for EFS, how can i get it done PLEASE HELP
    ... How are you requesting the Cert? ... > enterprise admins still cant request cert everytime i request i get this ... > The certificate cannot be installed because of one or more of the following ... >>> Recovery and cannot be added as a recovery agent. ...
  • RE: Wireless connection problem from XP Pro SP2 to SBS 2003
    ... I go to request a certificate. ... I went ahead and requested a User cert, ... This computer can connect to other wireless networks without problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Unable to install Godaddy cert on SBS R2 Standard box
    ... That is was why I started to install the Turbo cert. ... "Please create a new request,and request for a new certificate from ... Godaddy(issue a new certificate),then install the new certificate. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Computer and User Certificates Issues
    ... Enrollment of User Certificates using the custom v2 User Certificate Template ... I can NOT request the custom v2 Computer Cert nor the included v1 no ... Concerning permissions, these are the exact permissions I am using now: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)