Re: How to enable "Secure" cookie ?

Zester wrote on Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:42:25 -0800:

Hi,

Is there a way to enable "security" cookie property? Someone mentioned
to me that we can make an application's cookie more secure that way. I
assume that it's a setting in IIS. I'm running version 6. thanks!

All this does is tell the browser to only send the cookie over SSL
connections to your site, so preventing them being sent "in the clear" - it
doesn't make them any more secure, other than preventing them being sent
over a non-SSL connection. Do you have SSL enabled? If not you won't be able
to make use of it anyway.

--
Dan

  • Re: How to use SSL for login page only
    ... when a cookie itself has ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... section will take care of the Secure flag. ...
  • OT: Re: Are cookies so important that a dealer would sacrifice a sale over one?
    ... cookie. ... The most secure and relaible involves server ... > I've lost shopping cart items many times because I wanted to use ... >> of cookies is fraught with security issues. ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: Secure Cookies in Asp.net web application.
    ... Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at ... > How to set 'secure cookie' for a ASP.NEW web application, ... > the web application uses https:// and the IE browser ... > cookie handling' to prompt the cookie. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Secure Cookies in Asp.net web application.
    ... Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at ... > How to set 'secure cookie' for a ASP.NEW web application, ... > the web application uses https:// and the IE browser ... > cookie handling' to prompt the cookie. ...
  • Re: Security of Password-Managers
    ... > When I lose the piece of paper, I've got the disk. ... with a verbal secret called "the cookie". ... The method is far from completely secure. ... not a gasthaus in the area that didn't have the Bitburger logo and Simon ...
    (Security-Basics)