Re: Trouble with AD Authentication on Web Site

What do you mean exactly by "I just created a new site that tries to use Active Directory authentication"?

How are you trying to authenticate to Active Directory?

Cheers
Ken

--
My IIS Blog: www.adOpenStatic.com/cs/blogs/ken

"Chaplain Doug" <ChaplainDoug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6F57821A-1FF2-4170-A8BF-287DB7587A14@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Server 2003. I am running IIS on my server and hosting four of our
web sites. One is Exchange Server (OWA). Two others are sites which do not
require authentication. I just created a new site that tries to use Active
Directory authentication (I created it using Visual Web Developer 2005
Express(VWD)). When I try to login, the authentication process just hangs
and eventually times out. What baffles me is that when I run the site in
debug in VWD, the authentication works fine.

What might I need to set or what might be the reason my AD authentication is
hanging on this IIS web site? Thanks for the help.
--
Dr. Doug Pruiett
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry

  • Re: LDAP?
    ... Your suggestion on integrating Active Directory and MS Access sounds good. ... >>If you mean you want to try and integrate it with Access security, ... > adopted to use any sort of authentication method you choose, ... then launches the real database and logs into the Access ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Please Help
    ... controller that handles authentication for the computers in the domain. ... Logon and logoff are a little difficult with Active Directory. ... Use the Event logs. ...
  • Re: Basic Authentication + IIS 5 + Windows 2000 + Frontpage 2002 = failure?
    ... Authentication" story and can relate to them all. ... the introduction of Active Directory. ... All rights ... > | Vincent Polite ...
  • Microsoft Active Directory security vulnerability
    ... Kerberos V (for information on Kerberos interoperability see ... return results from the Active Directory. ... My guess is that Microsoft does not check for a zero value ... nor did I test it with simple authentication. ...
    (Bugtraq)