ASP on a home computer

Hello!

I am trying to play with ASP on my home computer. I am placing a
"hello.asp" page with simple code in C:\Inetpub or C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
and running it and am getting:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
adjust your browser settings.

I am running Windows 2000 Server, and I just stripped off Apache/
MySQL. I am not sure what I need to do to allow myself to run ASP
pages on my home computer, but I would really like to do so! Help!

David

  • Re: ASP on a home computer
    ... I am trying to play with ASP on my home computer. ... I am placing a ... I am running Windows 2000 Server, and I just stripped off Apache/ ... I am not sure what I need to do to allow myself to run ASP ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • Re: ASP on a home computer
    ... I am trying to play with ASP on my home computer. ... I am not sure what I need to do to allow myself to run ASP ... if IIS is running on your computer the root directory for ... If IIS is running and a website ...
  • ASP on a home computer
    ... I am trying to play with ASP on my home computer. ... I am placing a ... I am not sure what I need to do to allow myself to run ASP ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • ASP on a home computer
    ... I am trying to play with ASP on my home computer. ... I am placing a ... I am not sure what I need to do to allow myself to run ASP ...
  • Re: Suitable for Home computer?
    ... The computer is going to be a standard home computer, not used as much for games as for office work, Internet browsing and listening music, but I want it to be a good home computer anyway. ... 'Heavy' 3D gaming doesn't really tell us much because it will either have enough power for to play a single 3D game acceptably or it won't. ... Many people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)