Re: How to change iis setup directory

On Nov 8, 8:42 pm, "zhulonghui" <superzhulong...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How to change iis default setup directory ?(note : is not change webpage
directory in iis )

because that is best way to increase iis security.

You cannot change IIS default setup directory.

Why do you think changing IIS setup directory is best way to increase
IIS security?

Security through Obfuscation is a fallacy. It does not improve
security at all.

//David
http://w3-4u.blogspot.com
http://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang
//

  • Newest of newbies needs to know basics
    ... I've got a IIS running XP on my home computer to serve web pages on the net. ... with FrontPage and I don't need to type in a username and password. ... permissions in Windows or IIS security in general. ...
  • Re: CDO MAPI ERROR - possibly IIS security issue
    ... > knows if this could be an IIS security issue. ... Office XP installed with Outlook and CDO option checked ... > Windows 2000 server where is will eventually be deployed. ...
  • Re: Username/Password protect a file: now I cant download it at all
    ... There is a news group for IIS security where you may also want to post. ... below on IIS authentication. ... anonymous permissions activated) I can't download the file. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Newest of newbies needs to know basics
    ... WindowsUpdate don't track every patches. ... > I've got a IIS running XP on my home computer to serve web pages on the ... > with FrontPage and I don't need to type in a username and password. ... > permissions in Windows or IIS security in general. ...
  • Re: CMI error after installing the latest QFEs
    ... IIS security is not major issue here, ... needs to look closer at what is interacting between these updates. ... "Paul Mair" wrote: ... > If I then install Q8411114 I get the problem that the IIS common Lib ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)