Re: IIS7: cannot access a database from a page with authentication on local webserver

Hi Noeld,

As an example, if the authentication user account is Tester, the mdb file
is located at: C:\Users\Tester\Documents\databasename.mdb . Then we need to
grant Tester account with Read/Write permission to the following pathes:

1. Give the Tester account permission to:
%windir%\serviceprofiles\networkservice\AppData\Local\Temp

2. Give the Tester account Full Control permission to the database file:
c:\Users\Tester\Documents\databasename.mdb

3. Give the Tester account Full Control permission to the database folder:
c:\Users\Tester\Documents

You can grant the permission by using Windows explorer instead of using the
icacls command. After applying the changes on permission, restart IIS
services to clear up ACL cache and test again.

Please update here how things are going. If problem still persists, we will
assist on further troubleshooting.

Have a nice weekend.

Sincerely,

WenJun Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support

ications.

Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at:

  • RE: WinXP -> W2K3 Share Access
    ... I can find "Change Access" permission at file share ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • RE: Trying to run in partial trust (getting a PolicyException)
    ... you have changed the trust level of your ASP.NET web ... I think you can check the permission through the following two ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
  • Re: AddIn wont load
    ... we can set a specified key's permission to denying everyone to access. ... level privilege is also required to access all registry keys in the HKLM, ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.com.add_ins)
  • Re: Search from asxp page not working
    ... Please further check the permission of the problematic catalog's ... Everyone group with Read permission on it and restart indexing service. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.indexserver)