Re: IIS7: cannot access a database from a page with authentication on local webserver

Hi Noeld,

As an example, if the authentication user account is Tester, the mdb file
is located at: C:\Users\Tester\Documents\databasename.mdb . Then we need to
grant Tester account with Read/Write permission to the following pathes:

1. Give the Tester account permission to:
%windir%\serviceprofiles\networkservice\AppData\Local\Temp

2. Give the Tester account Full Control permission to the database file:
c:\Users\Tester\Documents\databasename.mdb

3. Give the Tester account Full Control permission to the database folder:
c:\Users\Tester\Documents

You can grant the permission by using Windows explorer instead of using the
icacls command. After applying the changes on permission, restart IIS
services to clear up ACL cache and test again.

Please update here how things are going. If problem still persists, we will
assist on further troubleshooting.

Have a nice weekend.

Sincerely,

WenJun Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support

ications.

Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at: