Re: Notify user of SSL 3 requirement

"cats solutions" <catssolutions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:EA0F1599-F7B9-46B3-9E2A-D22D3DF78A59@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We have enforced SSL v3.0 or TLS v1.0 on our server (Win 2003 Srv R2 with
IIS
6). When I try to connect using only SSl v2.0 I just get a Page Cannot Be
Displayed error message.

What I want to do is this:

I want the user to connect an unsecured page which runs a script to see if
the client has SSL v3 or TLS v1 enabled and if so forward them to the
secured
page. If they can not use SSL v3 or TLS v1 then they are given a custom
error message.

Could you help me with this script?

I guess I am missing something here.
If you have an error handler page for 403.4 and they land
there would that not be because either
a) the original page was set to require https and they used http
or
b) they used https but could not actually use it (i.e. no SSL 3 or TLS 1)
??
So, if your original page is not configured in IIS to require https, but
instead does a serverside test if the server var HTTPS is ON and if
not redirects to itself with https:// then would not the only reason
they would land at the errror handler page be because they could
not support SSL 3 or TSL 1 ??

  • Re: SSL
    ... for an https connection though not all secure websites are TLS compatible. ... >> By default Internet Explorer is able to set up secure SSL connections to ... >> show the certificate of the website that is being used to establish the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Entourage not connecting with Exchange Server
    ... the message is "can't connect to directory server". ... >> * Server doesn't support a compatible version of SSL ... Only the last error message is connected ... > correct root certificate that a certificate is not valid), ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: SSL
    ... > You will see https instead of http in the address bar for the website when ... If you click the padlock it will ... Advanced tab of my Internet Options, SSL was enabled, but TLS was not. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Notify user of SSL 3 requirement
    ... When I try to connect using only SSl v2.0 I just get a Page ... Cannot Be Displayed error message. ... they used https but could not actually use it ... it cannot make a connection to the server in the first place? ...
  • Re: 220 is not an SMTP error (was:"Your server unexpectedly terminated the connection")
    ... > TLS is an abbreviation for Transport Layer Security protocol which is ... > email account with Comcast and nowhere does it mention using SSL: ... >> in the online help associated with the error message. ...