Re: Notify user of SSL 3 requirement
- From: "Roger Abell [MVP]" <mvpNoSpam@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 23:19:46 -0700
"cats solutions" <catssolutions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
We have enforced SSL v3.0 or TLS v1.0 on our server (Win 2003 Srv R2 with
6). When I try to connect using only SSl v2.0 I just get a Page Cannot Be
Displayed error message.
What I want to do is this:
I want the user to connect an unsecured page which runs a script to see if
the client has SSL v3 or TLS v1 enabled and if so forward them to the
page. If they can not use SSL v3 or TLS v1 then they are given a custom
Could you help me with this script?
I guess I am missing something here.
If you have an error handler page for 403.4 and they land
there would that not be because either
a) the original page was set to require https and they used http
b) they used https but could not actually use it (i.e. no SSL 3 or TLS 1)
So, if your original page is not configured in IIS to require https, but
instead does a serverside test if the server var HTTPS is ON and if
not redirects to itself with https:// then would not the only reason
they would land at the errror handler page be because they could
not support SSL 3 or TSL 1 ??
- Prev by Date: You are not authorized to view this page
- Next by Date: Re: Integrated Windows Authentication and Domain prefix on popup
- Previous by thread: You are not authorized to view this page
- Next by thread: Re: Integrated Windows Authentication and Domain prefix on popup