Access denied in subdirectory

Hello,

i have a problem configuring IIS6 to enable http downloads. I have a
subdirectory on Inetpub\wwwroot called download. There I put some
files (.exe and .dll) for downloading. I also registered MIME types
(.dll and .exe) as Application/octet-stream.

The download via Browser from the root of the download directory works
well but if I have a subdirectory (e.g. inetpub\wwwroot\download\test)
and put some files in there i get the following error message:
HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on
the requested resource.

The access is anonymous with the local IUSR account. This account have
NTFS read permissions on the directory.

Has anyone an idea what's going wrong?

Thanks
Roman

  • Re: Releasing my VB.NET app over the intranet
    ... another dll, we need to put the dll in the same directory, so that the clr ... The executable will be downloaded to the assembly download cache on the ... Also if we did not put the dll in the same directory of the exe image, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Releasing my VB.NET app over the intranet
    ... of the primary EXE and when compiled I am copying the contents ... the directory and open a browser on the web server and type ... > another dll, we need to put the dll in the same directory, so that the clr ... > The executable will be downloaded to the assembly download cache on the ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: self-autoupdate vb exe
    ... I have two exe files...the main executable and another file I call ... TpaPhx.exe and it operates only with a valid command line. ... same folder on my server as the updated file to download. ... the update as MyApp.exe and the phx script into the same directory. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
  • Re: serving .exe files in IIS 6.0
    ... there is a 404 with suberror 3 that indicates that IIS tried to download the ... then adding .exe as a MIME type would have corrected it. ...
  • Re: Cantt download "exe" file because of IIS version
    ... .EXE are automatically downloadable by any browser. ... IE does have some code to detect download type, extension, and content-type, ... exe to download in IIS6? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)