Re: How to pass user credentials to IE

On Apr 15, 9:27 pm, k...@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Apr 14, 6:43 am, "David Wang" <w3.4...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No longer possible for IE to automatically pass server-configured
username:password back to the server. That was deemed a security
vulnerability a few years ago and disallowed on IE with a security
patch and RegKey control.

You can try creating a vdir pointing to your Web application on IIS
with only Anonymous authentication enabled and set the Anonymous user
to be the specific user credential your application needs. Then make
your application call this vdir instead. This allows any anonymous
user to access your Web application, which may/not be what you want.

Basically, you need a custom "many-to-one" authentication mapping, and
since IIS does not come with any modules supporting it by default (but
it can and has been built by others), you have to implement it
somewhere on IIS. IIS only supports any-to-one (Anonymous) and one-to-
one (all other authentication protocols).

//Davidhttp://w3-4u.blogspot.comhttp://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang
//