Re: IE7, IIS and digest authentication

Are you saying that IE7 on XP Pro with KB 904942 does not complete
Digest Auth with IIS6?

Take Fiddler out of the picture.

FYI: I have IE7 on XP Pro with KB 904942 which does Digest Auth
against IIS6 just fine.

//David
http://w3-4u.blogspot.com
http://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang
//

On Feb 14, 2:25 am, sri <s...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a web server with Win 2003 Server and IIS 6 installed with the
HttpAuthentication update KB 904942. I installed IE7 on the windows 2003
server.
The website uses digest authentication.
I used the IE7 installed on windows 2003 and it was able to authenticate the
user successfully on the website with digest. The browser sent the right
authentication headers

I then installed IE7 on a windows xp system and used to fiddler to spoof the
headers. The authentication always fails because the IE7 on windows XP never
sends any authentication headers? I cannot get a XP client with IE7 to digest
authenticate it self on windows 2003 3 IIS 6 webserver. Can some one tell me
how to sort this out?

  • Re: IE7, IIS and digest authentication
    ... Are you saying that IIS sends back a 401 with the necessary WWW-Authenticate headers, but IE never sends back any credentials? ... The website uses digest authentication. ... I used the IE7 installed on windows 2003 and it was able to authenticate the ...
  • Re: Site scrolls slowly in IE7
    ... Turns out that IE7 can't digest the PNG image I was using for a background. ... Pretty sad when you realise its less sophisticated predecessors handled it without a drama. ...
  • Re: Cant get advanced digest authentication working
    ... is the server a member of Windows 2003 domain? ... Windows 2003 domain supports Advanced Digest authentication because only ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
  • Re: help :Basic Digest vs Windows integrated ???
    ... does anyone can explain me clearling the real different between Windows ... integrated authentication and Basic Digest? ... Basic and Digest are different. ...
  • Digest authentication for Windows domain servers - Active directory
    ... Our production apps running on Windows 2003 Server and most of our ... Applications are authenticated agains Active Directory. ... at Digest requires a Username and Password" ... Edit they need to provide the authentication information). ...