Re: IE7, IIS and digest authentication
- From: "David Wang" <w3.4you@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 14 Feb 2007 04:19:44 -0800
Are you saying that IE7 on XP Pro with KB 904942 does not complete
Digest Auth with IIS6?
Take Fiddler out of the picture.
FYI: I have IE7 on XP Pro with KB 904942 which does Digest Auth
against IIS6 just fine.
On Feb 14, 2:25 am, sri <s...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a web server with Win 2003 Server and IIS 6 installed with the
HttpAuthentication update KB 904942. I installed IE7 on the windows 2003
The website uses digest authentication.
I used the IE7 installed on windows 2003 and it was able to authenticate the
user successfully on the website with digest. The browser sent the right
I then installed IE7 on a windows xp system and used to fiddler to spoof the
headers. The authentication always fails because the IE7 on windows XP never
sends any authentication headers? I cannot get a XP client with IE7 to digest
authenticate it self on windows 2003 3 IIS 6 webserver. Can some one tell me
how to sort this out?
- Prev by Date: Re: Virtual Directory Security
- Next by Date: Re: Virtual Directory Security
- Previous by thread: Re: IE7, IIS and digest authentication
- Next by thread: Re: Allow http, but deny ftp