Re: Remote Desktop for Administration and Integrated Windows Authentication bug?

Hi,

I am going to answer my own question.

Remote Desktop for Administration is caching the logon details for the
server and then using them for all access to that server including
websites. This is a bit rubbish and I hope someone from MS can clear up
whether this is as designed or a bug. I suspect as designed, but I
certainly think it should be changed. I thought the whole point of IWA
was to use the logged on authenticated user?

Anyway, you can fix this problem in Control Panel --> User Accounts -->
Advanced --> Manage Passwords and removing the settings for the web
server in there.

You can still use Remote Desktop with different credentials - just
ensure that the 'Save my password' checkbox is not checked.

Cheers,

James

JimLad wrote:
Hi,

I ran Remote Desktop for Administration for the first time yesterday
with 'helpdesk' credentials. These are not the credentials that I am
logged onto my workstation with. However now when I access a website on
that server using IE6 with IWA enabled, I am getting authenticated as
'helpdesk'.

So, first of all that sounds like a bug. Back to Dameware for me!
Secondly I can't fix it. I have rebooted, deleted cookies and cached
files, forms and passwords. Nothing. How to I return IWA to my logon
credentials?

The workstation is XP2 and server is Server2003.

Cheers,

James

  • RE: RWW users disconnected from Remote Desktop
    ... Remote Web Workplace remote desktop sessions may be disconnected. ... Do you have a server that might be offline at the present time? ... be contacted then the RWW will timeout and take additional time. ... the user can work without disconnection for any ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Remote Printing with RWW Help Req.
    ... through remote desktop from a laptop located in a Windows 2003 LAN, ... Firstly please go to RWW page and Connect to Server or Client Desktops, ... The local printer's driver is not for Windows Server 2003, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: The local policy of this system does not allow you to log on inter
    ... If the server is a 2003 Member Server, then the only things required for RDP ... Member of the local Remote Desktop User's Group, or a group with User & ... Users do NOT require the logon locally right for 2003 TS, ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ...
  • RE: Cant Connect to Remote Desktop on External Network
    ... server I CAN NOT connect to these same EXTERNAL networks using VPN and Remote ... Yes I reran Email and Internet Connection Wizard. ... external network or you can not RDP to external network from SBS and LAN ... Accessories and Communications and Remote Desktop Connection? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • The local policy of this system does not allow you to log on inter
    ... I also checked "Deny Logon Locally" and nothing is configured. ... I am trying to logon to the Terminal Server ... I have added the group Domain Users to the Builtin Group Remote Desktop ...