Re: ssl AD Domain not External Domain

As long as you access the server using an FQDN that matches the "common
name" embedded in the certificate, there will be no problems. It does not
matter that the FQDN is different to the fully qualified AD DNS name that
the server has.

Cheers
Ken

"DB" <DB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a win2003 server with IIS that is on my active directory domain
(company.internal.com) and is accessible from the Internet by the domain
name
(webserver.external.com). If I install an ssl certificate, will there be a
problem that the server is in a different domain (AD Domain) than the
domain
name used to access the site from the Internet? The domain name I use to
access this server has nothing to do with the actual server configuration
with the exception of the IP Address it is pointing to.

.