Re: ssl AD Domain not External Domain

As long as you access the server using an FQDN that matches the "common
name" embedded in the certificate, there will be no problems. It does not
matter that the FQDN is different to the fully qualified AD DNS name that
the server has.

Cheers
Ken

"DB" <DB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a win2003 server with IIS that is on my active directory domain
(company.internal.com) and is accessible from the Internet by the domain
name
(webserver.external.com). If I install an ssl certificate, will there be a
problem that the server is in a different domain (AD Domain) than the
domain
name used to access the site from the Internet? The domain name I use to
access this server has nothing to do with the actual server configuration
with the exception of the IP Address it is pointing to.

  • RE: Help with Internet and Email wizard
    ... Thank you for posting in the SBS newsgroup. ... On SBS Server, run the CEICW, go through "Connection Type" page, on ... Since we don't want to set up an external internet access, ... We can select Option one "Create a new Web server certificate" to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RPC over HTTP scenario
    ... I think my problem goes back to the certificate issue now. ... RPC Ping utility to test connectivity from the outside to the server. ... DNS name on the Internet, should the certificate still have the external DNS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Outlook RPC over HTTp deosnt work
    ... certificate, it just says that internet explorer can't display the website. ... when you try to use RPC over HTTP to connect the Exchange Server. ... we don't have to manually configure RPC over HTTP. ... Make sure you have enabled "Outlook over the Internet" and "Remote Web ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ISA2000 config for Netgear FVS328
    ... Internet DNS, just an internal company.local, so I use ... The web certificate has the same name as the server ... PS: this test server will be on till 6:30PM Pacific Time, ... >The local router option might seem like the right choice ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RPC over HTTP scenario
    ... minor step of installing the certificate from IE. ... configure Outlook to connect to the server? ... via the Internet. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)