Re: anonymous access group perms

Did you use iisreset or some other action in order to guarantee
that the account had to do a new login after having the new group
membership given to it ??

"Matt" <matt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
hello,

We have a win2k3/iis6 member server. I've created a new anonymous user
which works fine. I've created a group on the member server, not a domain
group, for all accounts that need anonymous access including the new anon
user, but when I remove explicit perms for the new anon users and rely on
the perms given to the group, anon access stops working. The group's NTFS
perms are the same that are given to the anon user. Am I doing something
wrong or is it always necessary to give perms explicitely to the anon
user?

thanks in advance,
Matt

  • Re: add multiple local users to local group - but theres a catch
    ... on a system say if i've five local anon accounts ... add any account beginning anon to the desired local groups? ... You must bind to the local groups, then you can use the Add ... ' Make sure this user not already a member of Group1. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: add multiple local users to local group - but theres a catch
    ... on a system say if i've five local anon accounts ... add any account beginning anon to the desired local groups? ... You must bind to the local groups, then you can use the Add ... ' Make sure this user not already a member of Group1. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: anonymous access group perms
    ... that the account had to do a new login after having the new group ... We have a win2k3/iis6 member server. ... and rely on the perms given to the group, ... group's NTFS perms are the same that are given to the anon user. ...
  • Re: question about acledit
    ... > then added extended rwx perms using acledit to the file for my user ... > I think my problem here is that I'm not understanding how permissions are ... > owner and group for directory1 is root system ... but not be the owner or a member of the group. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: Strange 5.2.1 error
    ... The gray hair shouldn't make a difference. ... who gets a 5.2.1 error when she sends to that public folder. ... > Further, I have verified that every group that she is a member, the ... > folder with her perms, and narrowed it down to possible groups. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)