Re: II6.0 ISAPI & MIME types

"Ibrahim." <Ibrahim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:743AEC0F-7F55-4E6A-90C8-5F6C50BB4C27@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

following are my questions with regard to ASP.NET 2.0, II6.0 & Win2003
server running a Internet Application.;

1. What is the difference between MIME types & ISAPI filter.

A MIME type is a header that the server sends back to the client to tell the
client (e.g. browser) what type of file is coming.

ISAPI is an extensibility API for IIS, which allows you to write code that
extends the functionality of IIS

2. How can I restrict a file (*.pdf) from being accessed directly from the
URL through ISAPI filter.

You need to write an ISAPI filter that does that. You can use something like
URLScan (which is an ISAPI filter from Microsoft) to prevent direct requests
for .pdf files.

3. How can i secure directories & files in II6.0

There are lots of ways. You need to tell us what "secure" means in your
case.

Cheers
Ken

  • Re: II6.0 ISAPI & MIME types
    ... use NTFS permissions. ... Store the PDFs outside the webroot (so ... What is the difference between MIME types & ISAPI filter. ...
  • Re: Basic Authentication fails with Error 401.2 where Integrated s
    ... culprits whenever IIS is not behaving the way it should. ... It sounds like the ISAPI Filter is doing one standard Custom ... back a HTML page that POSTs the username/password back to the server. ... Account: COMPUTERNAME\ACCOUNTNAME Access type: FULL ...
  • An exercise to exploit IIS ISAPI filter
    ... I began curious how they manage to reproduce around the Internet ... The filter is used by IIS on Window ... Service Manager,choose properties, then ISAPI Filter and from here you can ... An Access violation exception happen when IIS filter handling the ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • RE: IIS 6.0 COM App cant write to event log
    ... I have created a WSDL from it using the SOAP Toolkit. ... When I connect from a SOAP client, my ActiveX DLL starts ... IIS 6.0 features. ... ISAPI Filter or ISAPI Extension. ...
  • Re: Using IIS ISAPI filters on ISA 2000 as web filters
    ... that works wonderfully in IIS. ... configure an IIS ISAPI filter to act as a "webfilter" within the ... that intercepts HTTP requests and lets you authenticate ... >> Activate filter code ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)