Re: Connecting to a virtual directory using integrated authentication

Please follow all of the instructions at:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/webapp/iis/remstorg.mspx

--
//David
IIS

"loeran" <nora.loera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
IIS 6 Win2K3.

I created a new virtual folder. That points to \\fileshare\myfolder.

The virtual folder is set to use integrated windows authentication and
the "connect as" is set to "Always use the authenticated user's
credentials when validating access to the network directory."

I have full access to \\fileshare\myfolder and its contents but when I
browse to http:\\myweb\myfolder\anyfile.pdf I get a prompt for username
and password. I enter the info and I get a "You are not authorized to
view this page".

If I change the "Connect As" to use my currently logged in account
username and password I can access http:\\myweb\myfolder\anyfile.pdf
just fine.

Also when I have the virtual folder set to use integrated windows
authentication and the "connect as" is set to "Always use the
authenticated user's credentials when validating access to the network
directory." Some users can access the data and some can't.

Am I missing something here?

To let you know \\fileshare is a fileshare that is located on another
Win2K3 server but within the same domain.

We have modified the domain controller to allow delegation between the
web server and the file server.

We have given the domain users account rights to \\fileshare\myfolder.

All help is appreciated

  • Access denied on ACL...but I cant figure out why...
    ... I am trying to deploy a small .ASPX form on a server that has not been used ... web.config to Authentication None, unchecking the Integrated Authetication ... I'm assuming something doesn't have rights somewhere. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • No change
    ... I added read rights for the ASPNet account and for the IUSR_WebDev (I ... >> I have two applications running on the same server. ... >> one login screen that will handle authentication for both apps. ...
  • [Full-disclosure] [GOATSE SECURITY] Clench: Goatses way to say "screw you" to certificate author
    ... Application layer authentication-inherent validation of public key ... Goatse Security’s new simple password-based authentication mechanism ... getting hundreds of thousands or millions of users to install a client ... client hashes locally and then sends the hash to the server. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Kerberos machine authentication - apparent authentication fail
    ... > until logon), the wireless connection can kick off when it is ready. ... > was confirmed in the server event logs with IAS (i set that up as the radius ... > as an ordinary user kicks in and takes over from the machine authentication. ... > while the network sorts itself out and a double click on a network link of ...
  • Re: Basic Authentication + IIS 5 + Windows 2000 + Frontpage 2002 = failure?
    ... SYSTEM account. ... In IIS I took the virtual server that I was testing, ... Authentication premise. ... From a website perspective, I ...