user authentification under a special account

Can anybody answer me a question about user authentification and
application pool configuration under IIS 6.0?

What I want to do is to run an ASP-Script under IIS6.0. This script
should run under a special account (no IIS predefined account), because
this script should be able to work with Clear case library (CAL) over
OLE. I have the following configuration:

The default Web Site configuration is:

Directory Security: Enable anonymous access, user name and passwd set
to my "special (ClearCase) account".
Virtual Directory: Using of an Applycation pool is confiugred

The Application Pool is configured like that:

Properties->Identity (Application Pool Identity): Configurable
(username and passwd of my "special account").

This configuration works, I can interact with the Clear Case library,
but the remote user (AUTH_USER) is not set in the Server variable. If I
change the Application Pool configuration to:
Properties->Identity (Application Pool Identity): Predefined/Network
Service
The remote user is set in the Server variable, but this user (Network
Service) has not the rights to work with clear case. I must work with a
clear case user account and also want to identify the user. The user
should not type in his username and password.

I am not a expert in configuring the IIS, so any hint would be helpful
for me.

Thank you

Udo Schmitt

  • Re: DCOM calls fails - access denied
    ... That's exactly how I understood the ASP.NET security. ... But why does one configuration work but not the other? ... should get the token from IIS. ... If you set there a domain account, ...
  • Re: IIS 6 fails anonymous connection
    ... It sounded like you configured sub-authentication, which on prior IIS ... The reason that you have to have Integrated authentication enabled along ... so there is some sort of configuration problem specific to ... The resources must also be ACL'd for this user account or else you will get ...
  • Re: vb script or asp.net problem - not sure where to begin
    ... My DBA had to create synonyms for the account used to access the database to ... to find out what specifically my IIS box is having a problem with, ... configuration file located in the root directory of the current web ... The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom ...
  • Re: IIS Subauthentication Required
    ... In order for IIS to use the IUSR_account, it needs to be able to "logon" that user account, and to do that it needs the current password for that IUSR account. ... is a login.html that only works on 3 of the servers, ... The current configuration requires IIS ...
  • Re: session variables being lost
    ... Whenever you change any configurable reason for an Application Pool to recycle, ... More info on Application Pool specific configuration parameters: ... CAS policy is, also not quite sure what listing i means? ... The bin directory or any of its contents is/are modified ...