Re: IIS_WPG and NETWORK SERVICE

Hi,

Network Service should be available from the drop-down list of preconfigured
identities (along with Local System and Local Service). I just checked on my
SBS2003 box.

What are the exact preconfigured identities that you are seeing?

Cheers
Ken

"Larry" <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
:I have an ASP.NET site hosted on an SBS 2003 server. The server is a day
old
: and no changes have been made to IIS with respect to user rights, etc.
: I have configured IIS_WPG to have the rights necessary to access what
needs
: to be accessed on my site folder. I have set this up many times before
via
: the same script on non-SBS servers. However, the web app cannot
manipulate
: the folder as it should be able to based on these rights. I have verified
: this by temporarily giving "everyone" full rights to the folder and the
web
: app runs fine.
: I know that ASP.NET application is running in a pool where NETWORK SERVICE
: is the runtime context:
: System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name = NT
: AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
:
: I have read a couple articles that explain that on a fresh install of IIS
6,
: "NETWORK SERVICE" should be a member of IIS_WPG. Well, on my new install,
it
: is not.
: So, I opened up the DefaultAppPools node of IIS Mgr and opened the IIS_WPG
: Properties and at the "Members" tab, no "NETWORK SERVICE" in the list.
There
: is IWAM_machinename, and "SharePoint...bla.bla.". I attempt to add
"NETWORK
: SERVICE", but it does not appear to be a user that can be selected from
: Active Directory.
: I am stuck at this point because either the OS has a bug, SBS 2003 is
: "different again" from vanilla servers, the MSDN article is wrong, or I'm
: seeing things.
: I will be greatly appreciative if someone can tell me which is the case
and
: set me straight.
: Regards,
: Larry

  • Re: IIS_WPG and NETWORK SERVICE
    ... Network Service should be available from the drop-down list of preconfigured ... :I have an ASP.NET site hosted on an SBS 2003 server. ... and no changes have been made to IIS with respect to user rights, ... the folder as it should be able to based on these rights. ...
  • Re: Trying to create and debug ASP.NET on Windows 2003 Server
    ... the server is set to allow both Serverside and Client side debugging ... because I have admin rights and debugger ... Debugger user rights and network service rights. ...
  • Re: newbie: deploying asp.net 2.0 app to IIS
    ... Change the NTFS permissions on your app's folder/files to allow Network Service ... read rights. ... Then I try to access the website from my development pc -> PROBLEMS.... ... I even tryed this on my server hosting the website, ...
  • RE: Backup, Monitoring and Reporting:Program cannot display the we
    ... Reporting and Backup page from the Server Management console. ... a.Add Local Service and Network Service account Read & Execute, ... IIS 6.0 Compression Corruption Causes Access Violations ... Install MBExplorer by installing IIS 6 Resource Kit Tools: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: sharepoint error
    ... Let's make sure the Local Service and Network Service ... When I browse to server's ip address, I> get the Welcome to Windows Small Business Server 2003 home page. ... Consider> granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ... > t context) +97 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)