Re: SSL/Certificates

www.iisfaq.com

"Carl Lovejoy" <clovejoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:R-2dnfgMVqXfRXreRVn-tg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Again, I'm very new and do not understand if that is a command inserted
into a web page or something I configure in IIS.

"Consultant" <consultant_mcngp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
set a redirect

"Carl Lovejoy" <clovejoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Experts,

I am completely new to SSL enabled sites and am not a web developer
so bear with me if I do not relay the problem correctly the fist time.
I have a web site that uses integrated windows authentication to allow
our remote sales force into our cognos web page. I have been asked to
set this site up as a secure (ssl) site. I have created the crs and
have received a certificate via 3rd party and have successfully
installed it on web server. Our sales force is used to going to the non
encrypted http site and I would like to be able to automatically switch
over to the secure https site. It would be easier if I could accomplish
this without having to handle every remote user and update their
favorite entry.

My second question is much more complex. I have enabled SSL and when
I go to the new https site I am prompted with our authentication box to
log on. However, when I key in my credentials it automatically forwards
me to the http login site and not the https login site. Is this
something that is hard coded into the web page to redirect to a hard
coded http address? I was under the assumption that once SSL was enabled
on the site (and all child objects) that it would continue to progress
through the web pages using https (encryption). I hope my explanation
is sufficient to receive a response.

Thanks in advance,
Carl.

  • Re: Expired cirtificate errors FireFox and IE (Vista 32 bit)
    ... Those would be https web sites (that use SSL to encrypt the connection) ... Have you yet rebooted Windows? ... Even if WU doesn't say you need to reboot after applying some updates, ...
  • RE: ISA 2006 and SSL
    ... same user can access the site in question by creating an SSL-Tunnel and is ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ... | Subject: RE: ISA 2006 and SSL ... | | rule to allow HTTPS to local host, instead of all http and https ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: RWW with no https
    ... I do not consider a:8080 a url that is appropriate for a SSL end user connection. ... So just so we are all clear, RWW HAS to go over HTTPS. ... Even if I do https but port 8080 would not matter ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot Access Includes Above Current Directory if using SSL
    ... I'm new to your list and configuring Apache with the SSL module enabled ... similar nested levels in directory tree but not SSL). ... within the https directory tree. ... The SSI is mostly for testing trying to figure out why my PHP scripts ...
    (php.general)