Re: Windows Authentications Issues

Can you check that there aren't any other web.config files overriding this
setting?

Even though you've specified <customErrors mode="Off"> the customErrors
setting it still set to "On".

Also, this web.config file is in the root of your web application right? Not
just in any old folder?

Cheers
Ken

"lostdante" <lostdante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
: Ken,
:
: The error in the browser is:
: Server Error in '/' Application.
: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:
: Runtime Error
custom
: error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
: error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could,
however,
: be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
:
: Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be
viewable
: on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a
"web.config"
: configuration file located in the root directory of the current web
: application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute
: set to "Off".
:
:
: <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
:
: <configuration>
: <system.web>
: <customErrors mode="Off"/>
: </system.web>
: </configuration>
:
:
: Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom
: error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the
application's
: <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.
:
:
: <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
:
: <configuration>
: <system.web>
: <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"
defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
: </system.web>
: </configuration>
:
:
: The settings in the web.config file are:
: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
: <configuration>
:
: <system.web>
:
: <!-- DYNAMIC DEBUG COMPILATION
: Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging symbols (.pdb
: information)
: into the compiled page. Because this creates a larger file that
: executes
: more slowly, you should set this value to true only when
debugging
: and to
: false at all other times. For more information, refer to the
: documentation about
: debugging ASP.NET files.
: -->
: <compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />
: <identity impersonate="true"/>
: <!-- CUSTOM ERROR MESSAGES
: Set customErrors mode="On" or "RemoteOnly" to enable custom error
: messages, "Off" to disable.
: Add <error> tags for each of the errors you want to handle.
:
: "On" Always display custom (friendly) messages.
: "Off" Always display detailed ASP.NET error information.
: "RemoteOnly" Display custom (friendly) messages only to users not
: running
: on the local Web server. This setting is recommended for
security
: purposes, so
: that you do not display application detail information to remote
: clients.
: -->
: <customErrors mode="Off" />
:
: <!-- AUTHENTICATION
: This section sets the authentication policies of the application.
: Possible modes are "Windows",
: "Forms", "Passport" and "None"
:
: "None" No authentication is performed.
: "Windows" IIS performs authentication (Basic, Digest, or
: Integrated Windows) according to
: its settings for the application. Anonymous access must be
: disabled in IIS.
: "Forms" You provide a custom form (Web page) for users to enter
: their credentials, and then
: you authenticate them in your application. A user credential
: token is stored in a cookie.
: "Passport" Authentication is performed via a centralized
: authentication service provided
: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile
services
: for member sites.
: -->
: <authentication mode="Windows" />
:
:
: <!-- AUTHORIZATION
: This section sets the authorization policies of the application.
: You can allow or deny access
: to application resources by user or role. Wildcards: "*" mean
: everyone, "?" means anonymous
: (unauthenticated) users.
: -->
: <authorization>
: <allow users="*" /> <!-- Allow all users -->
:
: <!-- <allow users="[comma separated list of users]"
: roles="[comma separated list of roles]"/>
: <deny users="[comma separated list of users]"
: roles="[comma separated list of roles]"/>
: -->
: </authorization>
:
: <!-- APPLICATION-LEVEL TRACE LOGGING
: Application-level tracing enables trace log output for every page
: within an application.
: Set trace enabled="true" to enable application trace logging. If
: pageOutput="true", the
: trace information will be displayed at the bottom of each page.
: Otherwise, you can view the
: application trace log by browsing the "trace.axd" page from your
: web application
: root.
: -->
: <trace enabled="false" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="false"
: traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true" />
:
:
: <!-- SESSION STATE SETTINGS
: By default ASP.NET uses cookies to identify which requests belong
: to a particular session.
: If cookies are not available, a session can be tracked by adding
: session identifier to the URL.
: To disable cookies, set sessionState cookieless="true".
: -->
: <sessionState
: mode="InProc"
: stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
: sqlConnectionString="data
source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
: cookieless="false"
: timeout="20"
: />
:
: <!-- GLOBALIZATION
: This section sets the globalization settings of the application.
: -->
: <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />
:
: </system.web>
:
: </configuration>
:
: Thanks
:
:
: "Ken Schaefer" wrote:
:
: > What exactly have you set in your web.config? By default on a generic
error
: > page is shown to remote users...
: >
: > What is the exact error you are seeing in your browser?
: >
: > Cheers
: > Ken
: >
: >
: > "lostdante" <lostdante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
: > news:3C589173-764F-45D1-B2A6-85F4731252B9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: > : Thanks for the reply.
: > :
: > : I've already turned the friendly http errors off. I've also set the
: > : web.config file to display details asp errors but this is failing so
i'm
: > : having to look at the error codes in the log (500).
: > :
: > : The aspx page loads fine if i have the 'Users' group added in the
: > : permissions and only fails when this group is removed. Without the
users
: > : group i can only view .htm and .asp pages no apsx. I've added the
aspnet
: > user
: > : to the group but atill the aspx pages aren't displayed.....
: > :
: > :
: > :
: > : "Urban Andersson" wrote:
: > :
: > : > I seems that you have a problem with your aspx page. Turn of
friendly
: > http
: > : > error on your IE(Tools/Internet options.../Advance/Show friendly
http
: > : > errors) and you will get a more detailed description of the problem.
: > : >
: > : >
: > : > "lostdante" <lostdante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
: > : > news:ABB63BBE-AF78-4A00-B523-FAC0D51127EB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: > : > > Hi,
: > : > >
: > : > > New to the group and need some help. I've set up a new web site on
our
: > : > > server and want to limit access to the site to a selection of
users
: > with
: > : > > windows account son the server.
: > : > >
: > : > > I've set the site to windows authentication, removed the 'Users'
group
: > : > > from
: > : > > the permissions for the site in IIS and added a new group 'test'
that
: > : > > includes my selected users. I've ensured that the new 'Test' group
has
: > : > > rights
: > : > > on the folders. I can log on to the sit ok and view .htm files,
but am
: > : > > unable
: > : > > to view aspx files. When I look in the logs I see 500 errors.
: > : > >
: > : > > Any ideas?
: > : >
: > : >
: > : >
: >
: >
: >

  • Re: RWW Problem
    ... > I get the same response and error whether within the network or from ... An application error occurred on the server. ... > remote machines, ... The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows Authentications Issues
    ... This is the only web.config file in the application and it sits in the root ... folder for the application. ... In .net 1.1 is it the aspnet user who runs the asp.net processes? ... : Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom ...
  • Re: Server Error in / Application ------------urrrrr
    ... place this in the config file ... > All the files are stored in a directory named 'web' as told by the Server ... > on remote machines, please create a tag within a ... The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom ...
  • Re: Remote Web Workplace Authentication
    ... sets for RWW are correct in ISA and that your SBS Remote Web Workplace ... Custom Filter is in place and enabled ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Server Error on / Application
    ... I get the above error message when I try to run my page on the remote ... to a seperate local directory then copied these to the remote server via ... configuration file located in the root directory of the current web ... The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom ...