RE: Permission denied when writing to eventlog from global.asa

Good day:

I am running  a dual processor on standalone server, Windows 2003 SP1
and all the hot fixes, The only application is running on this server
is, IIS6, FTP and SQL 2000.
I have the same problem with the server it stop working every night is
real frustrating
This is the error in the event  log

Warning: IIS log failed to write entry, File
/LM/W3SVC/766998546/Root/global.asa Line 10 Operation is not allowed
when the object is open..

Warning: IIS log failed to write entry, File
/LM/W3SVC/766998546/Root/global.asa Line 10 Object required: 'conn'.

I have searched for this file in the Inetpub folder but I got over 50
global.asa files

I have looked at the posted fix, Truly I did not understand where do I
make the change, is it in the registry? I think it is referring to AD,
Domain and GPO issues but this server is standalone and never been part
of domain.

I would appreciate any help many thanks in advance.

Mon

  • What is prisoner.iana.org
    ... PC writes the following entry into the System Event Log: ... connection with the server DNS/prisoner.iana.org. ... What is causing this warning to be written to the system log; ...
  • Re: FTP NT 4.0
    ... Thanks for the Policies tip. ... I did find a tool that claims to be able to demote DC to standalone server ... > you can't change NT4 without a reinstall. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
  • Re: NTP server
    ... How to check whether it is a NTP server? ... domain will look at the DC that holds the PDC Emulator role for time sync. ... standalone server, ...
  • Re: New OU for TS on Stand Alone server
    ... Our virtual access suite can be installed on a standalone server and provide ... full lockdown capabilities w/o affecting administrators. ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ...
  • NT 40 can be demoted from DC
    ... I did find a tool that claims to be able to demote DC to standalone server ... After you install tools on SBS server, ... > to diskette, and run from diskette on NT box. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)