RE: installing virus scanning

Hi,

Welcome to TechNet newsgroup!

For the issue, based on my experience, I don't recommend to install the
virus scanning software into the web server. As far as I know, most of
virus scanning software has some behaviors as below:

1 When create a new file or folder, the software will be executed to scan;
2 When create a new process or load some dll file, the software will be
executed to scan;
3 When read or write some new resources, the software will be executed scan.

>From all above information, there will be encounter some problems such as
IIS process hang, IIS process crash, application failed or etc. I think
these issues need to be considered.

Additionally, whether the directory is excluded by scanning is not
determined by the IIS but the virus scanning software. What I mean is if
the software has this function, the directory is excluded; if the software
doesn¡¯t have this function, the directory is scanned.

I hope the above information helps, if you have any questions or concerns,
please do not hesitate to let me know. I am standing by to help you.

Regards,

Yuan Ren [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Support

.