Using Root of Drive for Home Directory of Virtual Directory

Does anyone know of a security issue of using the root of a drive, for
instance d:\, as the home directory of a virtual directory in IIS? I
am proposing doing this for purposes of Remoting to save a lot of
effort in configuring remoting objects. My company already has an
established directory for executables that I would like to use and some
of the executeables we currently have in out established directory will
be shared code in the new remoting objects. Being able to use this
established directory will keep us from having to duplicate code in
multiple directories or signing code and putting it in the GAC. The
established directory is one below the root directory and I can point
to this directory in the web.config with the probing element.
However, we are a little wary of making the root of a drive the home
directly of a virtual directory but no one can come with an actual
reason for not doing so.

  • Virtual directory created on root drive
    ... I am setting up a remoting environment and want to use an existing ... directory for our remoting objects to keep from having to introduce ... I can create a virtual directory pointing ... directory one level below the root of the drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
  • Re: Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1
    ... What I do as root, ... Root's home directory should contain very little: ... part of a minimal boot environment. ... And the root filesystem should be as small as reasonably possible, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: X11Forwarding, ssh -X, and /bin/su
    ... ]>but I'm not really tunneled using ssh then, ... ]connecting to the X server and have the home directory NFS-mounted ... ](unless you leave root unmapped over NFS, ... ]root-readable place and set the environment $XAUTHORITY variable ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Shared User Folders and printer setup
    ... only mapping to the root? ... I have a 2003 standard server setup running as a Terminal Server to allow our other location to access our main SBS 2003 server and run our Mfg/accntg software. ... In order to get this software to work Trans-Micro (the makers of Check Factory) have a detailed procedure that allows multiple Terminal Server users to run the software at the same time. ... Does anyone have any idea why and how can I get it to look at the Home directory path Z: ...
  • Re: Excellent news.. Malware for OS X!
    ... compromise and that nothing is immune. ... If it isn't already running as root, it will ask for the password ... the majority of Mac users, then malware has an even larger reach. ... Another method of avoiding that is to simply copy everything in /Applications to somewhere in your home directory and changing links appropriately. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)